Tuesday, March 16, 2010




The other night I tried out this Marusan Chanko Nabe Soup that was on sale at Don Quijote. Inside the bag is 1.7 lbs of tasty broth ready to cook up with all the vegetables, tofu, and meat that you want.

INGREDIENTS
1 bag of chanko nabe broth
6 shiitake mushrooms
6 to 8 inches of kombu
1 small wom bok (napa cabbage)
2 cups bean sprouts
1 small bag konnyaku noodles
1 small box firm tofu
2 stalks green onion
1 small tray thinly sliced beef

I basically used whatever vegetables I had available. Feel free to also add carrots, leeks, other Japanese mushrooms – whatever you like and have available.

Bring the soup to a boil then add the mushrooms and konbu. Wait a couple minutes then add the cabbage and bean sprouts. After that cooks down, in goes the tofu and noodles.

I add the green onions and thin slices of beef shortly after and cook for just about a minute or so.

This was very fast and easy – and made a big pot of food! But next time I think I’ll try to see if I can make this without having to buy the premade broth. The main ingredients were basically soy sauce, chicken soup, powdered bonito, and a couple other seasonings.

No comments:

Post a Comment