Tuesday, March 16, 2010




Edamame Rice

Are you getting tired of your plain brown (or white) rice looking up at you from your bowl? Try this delicious alternative!

INGREDIENTS
4 cups brown rice
1 package frozen shelled edamame soybeans
1 bottle (1.7 oz) furikake
1 bottle (7 to 8 oz) nametake mushrooms

DIRECTIONS
Cook the brown rice and edamame according to package directions. When finished, fluff the rice and layer into a large bowl with the edamame, furikake, and nametake mushrooms. Mix to combine.

NOTES
I like to roughly layer the ingredients with the rice so that it is easier and faster to mix. For the furikake, I like the wakame variety. Make sure you look for one without too much salt. The one I use is mostly wakame seaweed with just a little salt. For the nametake mushrooms you can hold back or go crazy. I personally love nametake so I go for the slightly bigger bottle and scrape every last bit into the rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment